Saturday, March 21, 2009

True Power

Have you ever wondered why some people seem to aspire to positions of power with ease? It's as if they were fulfilling some preordained destiny. They don't even seem like they're trying. Things just seem to go their way. On the other hand, have you noticed how others seem to struggle in vain?

When you are in tune with your higher self, or being, or your soul, or nature, or God - whatever expression you want to use - you get support from a higher power. If you are connected to your source, expressing your creativity, and fulfilling your purpose, then you are unstoppable. This is true power.

The power that is not real, or temporary, is from an unbalanced ego. There are those throughout history we can use as examples: Hitler, Stalin, Napoleon, Mussolini, Genghis Khan. They all gained power at the expense of others. And in the end they always lose their power, usually within their lifetime. If their power manages to last to the end of their life, the pain and suffering they have left behind reveals the true nature of their power. Whatever recognition they strove to gain is tarnished by the truth and their legacy, ironically, is quite the opposite of their intention.

When you are connected to the source, expressing true power, it is impossible to harm others, because you are working within the laws of nature. These laws of nature, although we might not intellectually understand them, are affecting our behavior. Nature would never hurt itself and since we are all a part of nature - subjected to its laws - we can never hurt each other when we are in touch with our true power. It is only when we lose our connection with the source that we can violate (thus the word "violence") the laws of nature.

Look at the examples history gives us of those who have gained true power: Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, Krishna, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, etc. They were all deeply connected to the source so it wouldn't even be possible for them to act in violence.

I'm using extreme examples to make my point, however, you don't have to be a saint to be in touch with your real power. Take Donald Trump, for example, some might say that he is egotistical and self-centered, but he too has a purpose and is practicing true power. He has created many jobs, beautified the world with his buildings, and has the resources to give to charity. Being a good father and even a good reality show entertainer adds to his list of accomplishments. Yes, he has a big ego, a big healthy ego. But he also has a big soul to balance his ego. This gives him tremendous power.

The ego is not all bad. Without the ego there would be no reason to get out of bed in the morning. It is the driving force in all of us. It is what makes us unique as an individuals. Our desires, thoughts, and creativity come from the ego. It is when the ego is out of balance with the soul that it becomes dangerous and destructive.

In the movie "Star Wars", Luke Skywalker was trying to get in touch with "the force". Although it was fictional, it is a good example of how I achieved all that I have. And you too have the same power within you. You only need to learn to tap into it. (to be continued)

4 comments:

  1. Aloha Jim,

    I have enjoyed reading all your blog posts. You have a very natural, fluid, poetic yet down to earth writing style that is easy to follow and a pleasure to read.

    I particularly like this phrase from the above post as it strongly resonates with me and where I am at at this stage of my life:

    "When you are in tune with your higher self, or being, or your soul, or nature, or God - whatever expression you want to use - you get support from a higher power. If you are connected to your source, expressing your creativity, and fulfilling your purpose, then you are unstoppable. This is true power."

    I feel like I am connected to source and fulfilling my true purpose. It was such a fantastic revelation, a wonderful "aha" moment when I realized that this was truly what I was meant to do - to help inspire, motivate and lead people through conscious living choices.

    Though my financial situation does not yet reflect the value I have put out into the universe with my blog, networks or meetup group I have felt the certainty that it is out there, waiting for me, just waiting for the opportune time to reveal itself.

    My daily meditation practice helps center me and keep me grounded when the fear and stress threatens to overwhelm me....

    Inspirational blogs like yours and making friends who are positive and know how the Universe works also helps...

    I know despite cold, hard, physical evidence to the contrary that "All is truly Well" and that I am being challenged so that I might have a fantastic tale of triumph over adversity someday to pass onto my grand-children...

    I am standing now, shoulders back, eyes fierce, ready to take on the challenges I face, take responsibility for my situation and claim my right to happiness. I am standing in the light of my True Power.

    Thanks for the inspirational post and opportunity to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There Jim,
    My name is Emily. I am from McKenzie, TN. I am 24 years old. I read your blog. Good stuff. Check out this link I attached. It has alot to do with what you just said. Check it out. I think you'll like it. The title is "The Secret"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b1GKGWJbE8

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your expressions and understand them fluently. I wonder why you have not written anything lately? Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete